Tuesday, March 25, 2014

JIC DT: Monochromatic SSD

Hello Crafty Peeps :)

Here with another Design Team A card for Just Inspirational Challenges. This week I'm very happy that we got to have Sassy Studio Designs as our sponsor. Thank you very kindly SSD (even my hubby likes the image- I think it's the hair... what do you think? [giggles])

Her name is Sexy Cupid Sassy and you can purchase her at http://buysassystudiodesigns.blogspot.com/ on blog date Feb. 15, 2014.

When I got my image I was too excited about the image and realized that I hadn't colored her as a monochrome (ooops!) LOL So I'll have to post that one another day, plus it's not a card yet. Ha! Okay, I colored this one in Sepia sort of tones with Copic markers - mostly E30's.

The Paper is from Prima Marketing: Julie Nutting "Buff A4 paper pad"
I bought from one of my favorite small business online shops:
ah she (Kina) still has it on sale 40% off. I also bought the tiny clouds from her shop
but couldn't find them anymore to give you the link. 
The sepia was a little challenging for me... 
I was almost getting used to coloring with the same
color combo for skin/hair/eyes
In the end even with some marker and paper booboos I had fun... just don't look too close. 

 Have to give credit to the poet. I found this Haiku online. I read it and I instantly loved it :)

Beautiful angel 
With dark brown eyes staring with 
A heart filled with love 
Haiku poem by India Wilridge

I felt like it matched this image wonderfully. 
Here's an extra picture- it shows the colors a little truer than the first picture 
and shows the tiny dies a little better.

Don't forget to visit
and enter the challenge and of course the sponsor is Sassy Studio Designs.

Thank you so much for visiting. 

Katya Bess

Entering my card at:

6 comments:

  1. Great coloring and nice job on the card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing colouring. Those lips are perfect!

    Thank you for sharing with us

    Lin
    ABC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this cute card with us at Oddball Art Stamp and good luck!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coloring is amazing! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful creation
    Thanks for playing at ABC Good Luck :)
    Hugs Donna x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya