Saturday, November 29, 2014

SBS DT: Winter Beauties

Hello Everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day or Week. We have just been lounging most of the time... I did a little crafty shopping well more for organization.... wanted to do a whole lot more... but only in my dreams right?


Okay so it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.... Do I keep saying that with every Christmas card I make? LOL

Here you go:
For my first card, I used Bettina. 
We are to use lots of sparkle. (Glitter glue or just plain glitter)
 I colored her with Copics, the snowy background I colored with Distress inks
but since it's not a rubber stamp to stamp on another sheet of paper to mask it off I used
masking fluid. I covered her up completely before coloring... I learned my lesson...
the only thing I noticed it's that when I removed the masking fluid the paper looked a little
yellow... but I think it may have been from the distress in from seeping in or maybe not...
In the end after I colored her up you can't see any of the yellowing and the only part exposed
now is the sclera but didn't yellow at all. There were tiny areas when there where no color
around the border so what I did was tried to roll so of the masking fluid and used a tiny bit of 
distress ink to cover white areas... I still missed a few spot when I removed all of the masking fluid
so I looked for the closed copic color and now you can barely notice the difference.
I used Stickles glitter glue for the snow in the background as well as the falling snow dots. 
All of the he papers are from Recollections and it's called Christmas
I tried to match her outfit to the papers. 
________________________________________________________________________________ 



For my second card, I used Jackie. 
The challenge is to use 2 designer papers and ribbon!
I colored her with Copic markers and tried a salt and pepper gray hair look... 
did that with Sakura gelly roll pen.
The die is from My Creative Time it's called Scalloped Stitched Oval Dies.
The paper is from American Crafts called Holiday.

 detail of the clothing....
Close up of the face so you can see the frames and the lens I used glossy
accents to make them look like real eye glasses. 


Well I hope you liked my cards.

Thank you for stopping by. 


Katya Bess

Will enter my card at:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya